Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drinking with the Irish Girls

Ooo boy, a new blog. I wanted somewhere to record my rambling rants and raves, to log my laments and longings, to alleviate my aching for alliteration. And here we are. I'm not sure what the purpose of this really is, other than to put my thoughts down on proverbial paper so that when I am old and senile, I can look back to see that I was once young and stupid instead. 

I already look back on my life and think of the mistakes, misunderstandings and misguided decisions I have made and think "Fuck, I was retarded." I know, I know, that's not politically correct, but I stand by it. I think about where I am in my life, and where I expected to be in my life, and while it really fucked me up about a year ago, now I am just annoyed that I've let myself sit stagnant and still in the pond of life. Now, I've lost the momentum I had, and trying to start up again is such a pain in the ass. 

Hopefully this thing will allow me to see when a progression. I wish I had more of my writing from the last two years, but what I have is a collection of conversations between Amanda and I (including our grand finale blow-out. Always fun.) and a collection of bizarre haikus:

I don't think she's hot
I want to bang Karen O
Just to say I did

Or

Achilles: The Shit
Robotic apocalypse
I love Robot Jox

So, here's to a solid 2009 and beyond. I will be taking requests for diatribes and ramblings, so if you want to hear my opinions on things other than music, let me know and I'll go to town. 

1 comment: